Boom, Boom and then .. Boom.
Agent Raze in Valorant is looking to be one of the most overpowered agents in all Valorant, she is an entry fragger, playmaker and duelist (like Jett) capable of getting tons of picks and dominating the enemy with tons of explosives, a good Raze main has such a high potential impact on the game and can ace entire rounds by himself.
In this article, we are going to take a deep look at Raze abilities and learn how to play Raze at a high-level to win more games.
Who is Agent RAZE - VALORANT ?
Raze is an explosives lover from Brazil. With her blunt-force-trauma playstyle, she excels at flushing entrenched enemies and clearing tight spaces with a generous dose of “boom”.
Signature Ability: PAINT SHELLS
Equip a cluster grenade. Fire to throw the grenade, which does damage and creates sub-munitions, each doing damage to anyone in their range.
- Extremely overpowered right now.
- After the first explosion, 4 sub-munition (smaller grenades) are released and will explode after a brief delay.
- Will definitely one-shot enemies if they take the grenade damage and the submunitions damage too.
- Maxed out enemies (150HP 50Armor) are taken down to (80HP 14Armor) from the first blast alone, if they stay there, they will die from sub-muniton explotions.
- Paint shells can punish enemies that are grouped together funneling through choke points.
- 2 ways to throw Paint Shells, left-click to throw it long distance, Right-Click for an underhand close range throw.
- Raze doesn’t take damage from paint shells.
- Just like every other signature ability in Valorant, you don’t have to buy this ability, you get 2 Paint Shells every round.
Boom Bot: 200 CRED
Also know as the Roam Bot, Equips and sets down a Boom Bot (a robot that looks like Roomba) which goes in a straight line and then bounces off walls it runs into.
- The boom bot tags enemies it sees then accelerates towards them and explodes.
- You can clear an angle with the bot safely, without peaking.
- Enemies will be forced to run away or shoot the bot in order to destroy it, and thus revealing themselves.
- On a maxed-out enemy, (150HP with 50 armor) the bot explosion will take them to 26HP.
- On offense, you can lunch the boom bot into a site, trail it behind, if an enemy is camping on the other side, he will be forced to shoot it or he takes a lot of damage, that’s when you come in and finish the job.
Blast Pack: 100 CRED
Instantly throw a Blast Pack that will stick to surfaces. Re-us the ability after deployment to detonate, damaging and moving anything hit.
- Just like a C4 it sticks on surfaces and blows up after 7sec.
- Raze can release the Blast Pack and activate it instantly mid-air.
- The Blast Pack can stick on enemies too.
- Maxed-Out enemies (150HP 50Armor) will be taking a 75HP even damage.
- Raze doesn’t take damage from Blast Pack.
- Enemies can shoot the blast pack to disable it.
- Raze can use the Blast Pack to propel herself higher, use a double Blast Pack to position yourself into higher covers or sites (example below).
- Below we can see xQc how uses a double blast pack to propel himself above Sage slow and position himself behind her.
Equip a single-use rocket launcher with the ability to one-shot enemies. Damage from this ability is consistent throughout the entire blast radius.
- Rocket launcher, Bazooka, Tons of damage.
- Maxed out enemies (150HP 50Armor) get one-shoted by this missile.
- Aoe damage is lethal too.
- Raze will takes damage if caught near the explosion.