Code name Project A is now almost out as Valorant is the new name of CS:GO overwatch like FPS from Riot Games.
The biggest Riot Games project since League of Legends:
In last year’s Riot 10th anniversary, Anna Donlon (Supercakes) the executive producer revealed Project A to the world, a character-based tactical shooter with a futuristic look and precise gunplay, it’s competitive and it has a lethal cast of characters called agents.
We promise just like League, we’re in this for years and years to come! Anna said.
What is Valorant ?
Valorant is a free-to-play 5v5 team tactical shooter, it’s like CS;GO gunplay Overwatch heroes in one game, oh and boots on the ground type of FPS.
Each match has 25 total rounds; the first team to win 13 rounds wins the match. At the start of each match, players pick Agents (think LoL Champions). Agents have special abilities like dashing, creating pools of smoke, building walls, or even calling down airstrikes.
Players choose from a selection of 8 differently skilled secret agents (more on them below) before engaging in tactical objective-based matches. The game will be free to download, with players able to buy cosmetic items and gun skins.
Valorant Release Date:
Valorant is set to be released in summer 2020 but some lucky people will get access to a closed beta before it gets released to the public, you’ll have to be invited to get early access.
Valorant Main Game Mode:
Just like Counter-Strike’s Defuse game mode. two teams will take turns attacking and defending. The attacking team has a Spike (bomb) that they need to plant on one of several different sites. they have to plants the Spike and protects it until it explodes, that’s how they win. The defending team has to stop them by waiting either waiting out the time or eliminate all other enemy agents. Each player has one life per round, a maximum of 25 turns can be played, the first team to get 13 wins.
Valorant console ?
Valorant is set release in PC only for now, we do not know if we will get a PS4, PS5 or an XBOX version for now.
“By adding unique character abilities that complement the game’s gunplay, we believe we’re expanding upon the traditional tac shooter experience and bringing something new to the genre” Anna
In Valorant, characters are called Agents, you choose an agent to play with in-game, you can’t change the agent in defuse mode we discussed above, each agent has special abilities just like League champions, so on top of gun skills, team combinations play a role in winning games.
Abilities can vary from throwing a smoke bomb, to an airstrike, with heals, revives dashes and scouting arrows in between.
The RIFT got some special leaks for you, we got to know some agents names abilities here enjoy:
Phoenix’s star power shines through in his fighting style, igniting the battlefield with flash and flare. Whether he’s got backup or not, he’s rushing in to fight on his own terms.
- Hot Hands – Throw a fireball that explodes after a delay or upon impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies, and heals you.
- Blaze – Cast out a flame wall that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when casting by turning while holding left click.
- Signature Ability: Curveball– Cast a curving flare that bursts into brilliant light after a brief delay, temporarily blinding all looking at it. Left click curves it left, right click curves it right.
- Ultimate Ability: Run it Back – Mark your current location. If you die during this ability’s duration, or when this ability’s duration expires, you’ll be reborn at the marked location with full health.
Jett’s agile and evasive fighting style lets her take risks no one else can. She runs circles around every skirmish, cutting enemies up before they even know what hit them.
- Cloudburst – Throw out a cloud of fog that obscures vision on impact. Hold down the ability button to bend the cloud’s in-flight trajectory.
- Updraft – After a brief wind up, propel yourself upwards.
- Signature Ability: Tailwind – Immediately dash a short distance in the direction you’re moving.
- Ultimate: Blade Storm – Arm yourself with several deadly throwing knives that deal moderate damage and kill on headshots. Scoring a kill restores all daggers. Left click throws a single dagger. Right click throws all remaining daggers in a short-ranged burst.
Viper deploys an array of poisonous chemical devices to control the battlefield and cripple the enemy’s vision. If the toxins don’t kill her prey, her mind games surely will.
- Snakebite – Fire a projectile that explodes into a pool of damaging acid.
- Poison Cloud – Throw a gas emitter that you can reactivate to create a poisonous smoke cloud at the cost of fuel. The emitter can be picked up and thrown again after a short cooldown.
- Signature Ability: Toxic Screen – Deploy a long line of gas emitters that you can reactivate to create a tall wall of toxic gas at the cost of fuel.
- Ultimate: Viper’s Pit – Emit a massive toxic cloud in a large area that lasts as long as Viper stays inside the cloud. Enemies inside the cloud are highlighted to Viper.
Sage creates safety for herself and her team wherever she goes. Able to revive fallen friends and stave off forceful assaults, she provides a calm center to a hellish battlefield.
- Slow Orb – Cast out a radianite orb that breaks into a slowing field upon impact with the ground. All caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make noise when moving.
- Barrier Orb – Conjure a large, solid wall. Right-click to rotate the wall before casting.
- Signature Ability: Healing Orb – Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.
- Ultimate: Resurrection– Target a friendly corpse. After a short delay, revive them with full health.
Sova tracks, finds, and eliminates enemies with ruthless efficiency and precision. His custom bow and incredible scouting abilities ensure that even if you run, you cannot hide.
- Shock Bolt – Fire an explosive bolt that emits a damaging pulse of static energy upon impact.
- Owl Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone that can fire a dart that will Reveal enemies who are hit.
- Signature Ability: Recon Bolt – Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter. The sonar pings tag nearby enemies, causing them to be revealed. Can be destroyed.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury – Fire up to three deadly energy blasts that spear across the entire map. Each hit enemy takes heavy damage and is marked.
Cypher is a one-man surveillance network who keeps tabs on the enemy’s every move. No secret is safe. No maneuver goes unseen. Cypher is always watching.
- Free Ability: Trapwire – Place a stealthed tripwire between two walls. Triggering enemies are restrained and revealed for a short time. If the trap is not destroyed, it activates to daze the trapped victim. Can be picked up.
- Cyber Cage – Toss out a remote activation trap. Reactivate to create a cage that slows enemies who pass through it. Look at a trap and press USE to detonate it, or hold ACTIVATE to detonate all.
- Signature Ability: Spycam – Place a remote camera. After placing, reactivate to view the video feed. Left click while in camera to fire a tracking dart. Recharges when picked up or killed.
- Ultimate: Neural Theft– Extract information from the corpse of an enemy, revealing the location of their living allies.
Brimstone’s orbital arsenal ensures his squad always has the advantage. His ability to deliver utility precisely and safely make him the unmatched boots-on-the-ground commander.
- Incindiary – Launch an incendiary grenade that deploys a damaging field of fire.
- Stim Beacon – Target a nearby location to call in a Stim Beacon, giving all players near it Rapidfire.
- Signature Ability: Sky Smoke – Use your map to call in orbital deployment smokescreens that obscure vision. Click to set the locations, and confirm to launch.
- Ultimate: Orbital Strike – Use your map to target a location, launching a devastating orbital strike that pulses for high damage over several seconds.
VALORANT OMEN (no pictures yet)
Omen hunts in the shadows. He renders enemies blind, teleports across the field, then lets paranoia take hold as foes scramble to uncover where it might strike next.
- Paranoia – Send out an Ethereal shadow in a straight line, Nearsighting anyone it touches.
- Shadow Walk – After a delay, dematerialize and teleport a short distance.
- Signature Ability: Dark Cover – Cast out a stealthed ethereal orb that bursts into an obscuring sphere of shadow at its final location. Can be charged to increase distance.
- Ultimate: From the Shadows – Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. When arriving, appear as a Shade, that will go back to your original location if killed. Once the teleport is complete, become Incorporeal for a short time.
What about VALORANT WEAPONS ?
Valorant comes with a list of the 17 guns that can be used by any agent shown off in the trailer.
Frenzy- Automatic Handgun
Ares- Light Machine Gun
Odin- Heavy Machine Gun
Stinger- Sub Machine Gun
Marshal- Level Sniper
Operator- Bolt Sniper
there are multiple maps in Valorant and they feel like CS;GO maps, each one of them has a twist, for example one of them has three bomb sites, while another has no middle area and instead has two one-way teleporters that make a loud noise every time someone passes through them.
VALORANT SYSTEM REQUIREMENT
Valorant can run at the lowest possible specs at 30 frames per second on an Intel Core i3-370M CPU with an Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU. You can play it on an old laptop, if you play your PC can boot League of Legends you can play Valorant easily.
We reported earlier this year on some professional FPS gamers who tested the game and shared their experience, you can read the reports here.